Monday, June 17, 2013

Whimsy Couture Boho Tunic Pattern Test


I had a lucky chance to test a new pattern for Whimsy Couture Patterns.
Find her on Facebook, ETSY and Blog!!

I tested the Boho Tunic in size 6 and I love how easy it came together. 
The pattern was clear and it was a quick easy sew. I would just add a little length for more Tunic length(new note: The pattern has been adjusted to add some length).


(Fabric I used was from Joel Dewberry's Notting Hill Collection. Primrose in Magenta,
Can be found online here or on sale here)

The catch to the pattern?

I had to learn how to shirr. I didn't realize the pattern involved shirring when I said I could do this.
I am GLAD I didn't let it stop me. It just took me 2 days of pondering. Wondering what I should
do and if I should back out. But like I just said, I AM SO GLAD I DIDN'T BACK OUT!
(that and I only had elastic thread for at LEAST a year. Probably 2 to get the nerve to try!!)

I will make a tutorial on how I was able to shirr on my Babylock Melody sewing machine.
So check back in a few days!

To see the post on Whimsy Couture Patterns blog, click here!
It is at an introductory price of $6 through June 21. (reg. $9)
To purchase for $6, click here.
On ETSY it is $9.


Thanks for looking!

Also, a big thanks to WHIMSY COUTURE patterns for allowing me to test a great pattern and pushing me out of my comfort zone to shirr.

No comments:

Post a Comment